Friday, July 30, 2010

July 29th

So much for posting on a twice weekly basis! With the heat/humidity and keeping up with the dirty kitten bedding, I haven’t  felt like chasing them to get pictures!

We had one adoption this past week, only 4 to go! The older group got spayed and neutered yesterday. I think POP must do my kittens last every time because they come home still out of it.

after-spay after-neuter

You can see that the tabby is giving me the eye. Once they woke, they made a beeline to the food and water!

The babies are doing pretty good. They are at the sucking stage big time. Each kitten now has it’s own separate crate/box. We started them on Albon this week, and the diarrhea is getting better (hence all the bedding I’m having to wash). The baths are slowing down and as they learn how to play with each other, the sucking may be slowing down too.

separate-box  playing-in-box

We had a little drama yesterday. The female tabby fell ill. She eat great and was playing at breakfast but refused lunch. I checked on them about an hour later and she was hardly moving. I gave her sub-Q fluids, a little Karo syrup, and she sucked weakly on a bottle for awhile. The vet recommended heat, (I was snuggling her in polar fleece) so reluctantly I put her in a small box with a heating pad. I went out to run a few errands. When I got home, I wasn’t very hopeful but… she was totally revived and trying to get out of the box when she heard me! I don’t have any idea what was wrong; I guess she used up one of her lives!

female-tabby Giving herself a bath.

sleep-with-puppySnuggled and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment