Monday, July 5, 2010

Kitten Season 2010

Kitten season started at the end of April with 2 litters of 2 day old kittens. They only survived for 24 hours. We had a puppy that was 2 days old and he didn’t live much longer. Needless to say, things didn’t start off on a good note!

In May we got a small litter of 4 week old kittens; they were already on solid food. All 3 are female and they have been extremely healthy. We needed that! I’ve looked back and  I see that I didn’t take many pictures of them. We’ve been doing some major work on the house and I’ve just been too tired to photograph them. I did take a few shots.

white-black-6-12black-6-12black-white-6-12

 

 

I keep getting distracted! We’re moving furniture and trying to de-clutter; I can only do so much at a time before I loose my focus. While I was painting the trim in the stairwell, the kittens were underfoot and in my lap. When these guys got tired they began sucking on the black and white one’s belly! We’ve had kittens that were weaned too young and they tend to suck for pee, these guys are much more charming.

sucking-litter-matesThe black and white one then sucks herself to sleep!

sucking-self

 

Here are the current pictures of these guys.

black-july white-&-black

black-&-white

Shortly after these guys got settled in, we got another litter of 3, this time about 2 weeks old. They were bottle babies, very affectionate. They have also been very healthy so they only had to be separated for a week. They are now in that long legged stage and are learning how to jump, climb, and go in circles! Every night they snuggle up next to our heads to go to sleep.

small-black-&-white   This is the female.

tabby tabby-&-white

The boys.

I need to get to my painting, this time watercolor. Life is slowing down to a normal pace so I should be able to get more pictures this week (as I take them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment